Personal data protection
The protection of your personal data is very important to Xandrie, Qobuz’ parent company. Xandrie would like to inform you (the subscribers, potential customers and web-browsers visiting our websites) of your rights regarding personal data and of the conditions under which your personal data is collected, used, stored and archived by Xandrie.
As part of its business operations, Xandrie processes your personal data (hereinafter referred to as ‘processing’). Xandrie may collect your personal data:
- directly from you, when you fill in a subscription form for one of our products or services (for example, for one of our music streaming subscriptions);
- from our partners, provided that they have obtained your permission to transmit information about you to Xandrie
1. What personal data does Xandrie collect about you?
The following categories of personal data are mainly collected in the context of your contractual or commercial relation to Xandrie:
- declarative personal data (data actively given by you, for example while filling in a subscription form for one of our services)
- personal data related to your use of Xandrie’s products and services (such as data collected by cookies on our websites)
- personal data provided by a third party (provided that the third party has obtained your prior consent to share your data with Xandrie)
- personal data inferred or calculated by Xandrie
Conditions relating to cookies or connection tracers can be found in our cookies policy
2. On what basis does Xandrie process your personal data?
In accordance with data protection regulations (General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679 as of 27 April 2016 and Act No. 78/17 as of 6 January 1978 as amended), Xandrie collects your personal data on the basis of:
- your consent where it is required (particularly in terms of commercial development);
- a contract that you have signed with Xandrie (for example, a subscription to one of our music streaming services);
- or when it is justified by legitimate interests
3. For how long does Xandrie store your personal data?
Personal data is stored for the time necessary for the purposes for which they are collected.
- For subscribers to Xandrie’s products and services, personal data is stored for the length of the contract, in addition to periods of applicable legal requirements;
- For potential customers, personal data is stored for 3 years after the last time of contact;
- For web-browsers, personal data that is collected through cookies is stored for a maximum of 13 months from the time it is collected
4. Who can access your personal data?
Any collected personal, as well as personal data which is later obtained by Xandrie, is used only by Xandrie. As such, only authorised personnel have access to this data.
The internal recipients of your data are:
- Xandrie marketing department;
- Xandrie data analysts;
- Xandrie customer services
The external recipients of your data are:
- Xandrie's subcontractors (technical service providers in charge of data hosting or IT developments, payment service providers, etc.);
Xandrie is not responsible for the processing of your personal data that you have authorised from third parties and that is not shared with Xandrie, such as, for example, social networks. It is your responsibility to refer to the data protection policies of these third parties to check the conditions of the processing operations carried out, or to exercise your rights regarding these operations.
5. Why does Xandrie collect your personal data?
Personal data collected by Xandrie is used determinately, explicitly and legitimately.
On the basis of a contract signed with you or with pre-contractual measures taken at your request, Xandrie carries out the following processing operations:
- Subscriptions to Xandrie products and services;
- Management of your commercial and contractual relations with Xandrie in the context of your subscriptions
- Invoices and payments
On the basis of a legitimate interest pursued by Xandrie, the following processing operations will be carried out so as to:
- improve our products and services according to problems reported by you;
- tailor the service towards your tastes as part of your subscription, according to your preferences;
- manage any complaints
On the basis of a legitimate interest pursued by Xandrie, or your consent where it is required, Xandrie uses processing for the following:
- Commercial development
- Information on the products and services offered by Xandrie
- Audience analytics (statistics and audience analysis)
6. What are the security measures put in place by Xandrie?
With regards to the risks that data processing presents, Xandrie takes appropriate measures to maintain security and confidentiality of your personal data, in particular to prevent data from being destroyed, distorted or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
Xandrie chooses subcontractors and service providers with high security standards.
7. What rights do you hold over your personal data?
You hold the following rights over your personal data:a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of deletion, a right of data portability, a right of opposition for reasons relating to your particular situation, a right of opposition to prospecting at any time, a right to withdraw your consent, a right to limitation, a right to complain to the CNIL (Commision Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés) if Xandrie's response to your request for the exercise of your right has not been satisfactory, a right to define guidelines for storage, erasure and communication of your data after you have died to a trusted third party designated by decree.
Xandrie would like to inform you that modifying or failing to provide your data may have consequences on the processing of certain requests regarding contractual relations, and that any requests regarding exercising your rights will be kept for follow-up purposes. Any requests must include your full name and address and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to XANDRIE SA Legal Department, 45 rue de Delizy, 93692 Pantin CEDEX, FRANCE.
8. How does Xandrie analyse your data?
Xandrie analyses data related to the subscriber's use of the service in order to tailor the service to the subscriber (modification of the layout or appearance of the pages on which he or she navigates).
9. Is your data transmitted outside of the European Union?
The data that Xandrie collects about you is potentially transmitted outside of the European Union. For example, Xandrie uses a service provider located outside of the European Union to host your data.
To secure these transfers, Xandrie can, for example, set up standard clauses defined by the European Commission to regulate these flows.